The first church built in Ferndale named the Tabernacle was relocated westward on the
lot which faced Bermuda while the current building (pictured right) was being built. The church was completed in 1920.
The Evangelical United Brethren Church merged with the First United Methodist and became St. Paul's United Methodist Church.
In 2008, the church was sold to a developer and even with the efforts of the Historical Society and the City of Ferndale to save this historic building, the first church built in Ferndale was demolished in December 2014.